Sunday 13 June 2010

Poorly Pals & Pizza

Having been woken up at 3am this morning, by being leapt upon and hugged by a very drunk Becs and Sarah, which was very funny indeed as they were so giggly, I got up a bit later, to find no one else up. I wasn’t too surprised; I figured the girls would be nursing rather serious hangovers! When I went into the lounge and kitchen, I found the devastation we’d left from our trivia night – plates, bottles, glasses and general mess everywhere. Seeing as I was probably the only person likely to be compos mentis enough today to be able to deal with it, I set about cleaning up. It didn’t take too long and within a relatively short time, the house looked normal again.

I took a walk across the road to Lincoln’s and bought the Sunday papers, then returned to the house and sat at the dining table reading them. I was hoping to see the result of the England game, but there was no mention of it – I realised that the paper was probably printed before the game had finished. Becs came down for a drink whilst I was reading and looked slightly worse for wear! She looked around in amazement and couldn’t believe how clean it was! She staggered back off to bed and shortly after that Sarah appeared, looking even worse than Becs! She was also astonished that the place was so clean and was very grateful!

Tom emerged and asked if the girls had woken me, I told him about how they’d leapt on me and he said they’d done the same to him. Despite my protests that it was rather mean, to get his own back on them for having woken him up, he crept upstairs and snuck into Becs’ room, where she and Sarah had collapsed onto her bed, and woke them up very abruptly by jumping on the bed! It was funny, but very mean!

The girls were so hungover, they decided to stay in bed all day. I put some washing on and Tom and I settled down to watch the film Shutter Island, which was surprisingly good, although both of us decided that there were a few possible endings which would have been better. We then watched a variety of tv shows and spent the rest of the arvo chilling out with cups of tea, every now and then the girls would come down and get a drink before skulking off to bed again! Eventually they came downstairs and got under blankets in the lounge, still looking very sorry for themselves! I sat and chatted to them for a bit and we did the Sunday quizzes in the papers, then I decided I should sort out something simple and easy for dinner, so went for a walk to Coles and picked up some bits including pizzas.

Once I returned to the house, I watched tv with Tom and the girls for a little bit and then we had the pizzas whilst watching Masterchef. The girls went back to bed and Tom and I watched Dr Who, again we felt it was a bit rubbish. I hope it gets better. We watched some more tv, debated staying up for the Socceroo game and had a few beers. We watched ‘Forgetting Sarah Marshall’ and ‘The Naked Gun’, in our bid to stay awake for the 4am game.

No comments:

Post a Comment