Thursday 10 June 2010

Mooching, Maccas & Masterchef


Today was a very non-eventful one – the weather wasn’t particularly inspiring. This morning when I woke up it was incredibly miserable outside and ridiculously cold, so I spent the morning pottering about, watching tv, drinking cups of tea, chatting to Tom and Sarah and reading some of the things I picked up from the Guide HQ yesterday.

Tom and I then investigated my ipod and he fiddled around with it, we went through his itunes; he introduced me to some Aussie bands and he transferred some of his music onto my ipod. I think I am still due for a tutorial of what I need to do to resurrect it properly – I’ll get to grips with it one day, I’m sure (I hope so!). We then watched a bit more daytime tv and were very excited when the Coles advert came on – the one we’d seen being filmed at the local Coles the other day! Silly things like that are so satisfying!

I decided that I needed to do something proactive, so headed for a walk to Maccas where I went online and made some arrangements for what I would do next – post Melbourne. I like it here so much, I think I am in danger of not leaving, so I figured that I should make some firm plans to make sure I move on. I called my mum’s friend Tricia and checked they were up for a visitor – thankfully she said they were, so I then set about trawling through the internet, checking out possible travel options, eventually booking some flights – to take me to Adelaide and then an onward flight to Sydney, so I can go and see my friends in NSW once I am done in Adelaide. Having done that I felt a bit more resolved, as I once again have a vague plan as to where I am going.

On the way home, I stopped at Woolies for some core supplies for the house (milk, bread, wine and beer!), which went down very well with Becs! I sat and had a really lovely chat with Becs for a while, as we watched tv and enjoyed a pre-dinner drink. When Sarah started cooking, we all stood in the kitchen, chatting and gossiping away, then we transferred our attention to Masterchef! Sarah’s stir fry was fantastic, certainly Masterchef-worthy in my opinion! We carried on watching tv for a bit, then eventually Tom arrived home from work and we nuked his dinner, before settling back down to watch some more tv, including an interesting docco about space, then the grand final of the Amazing Race (another show I have really gotten into) – we were extremely disappointed as our least favourite team won. To cheer us up after this terrible result, Tom put a film on; a classic Aussie movie called The Castle, about one man’s fight to save his house from compulsory purchase for airport expansion. It was really good and included a lot of true Aussie slang and colloquialisms which I have been hearing a lot, a fitting film to watch before hitting the hay.

No comments:

Post a Comment