Monday 15 March 2010

Moving On From Magnetic


After another night of no sleep - this time because my skin felt like it was on fire due to the multitude of bites all over my arms, back and legs - I got up at 6am anf went and sat enjoying the sun on the beach (the regular one out the front of the hostel!) with my book. Shortly after I had gotten settled, Jana joined me and we chilled out, reading and enjoying the beautiful views across the sea.

We then headed back to our room to pack and then went for some brekkie.

When it was time, we headed for the bus which took us to the ferry terminal. Thankfully, the ferry crossing was much smoother this time, so we were able to appreciate the views back over the island as we motored away from it. Once on dry land, we met our Greyhound coach and embarked on our journey to Cairns.

The drive seemed longer than it should, probably because this time they didn't show any DVDs, boo! However along the way, we did get to see the Big Gum Boot at Tully and the Big Cassowary Bird at Mission Beach (oh and I don't think I mentioned before but sometime and somewhere I saw a Big Mango!).

On arrival in Cairns we got a cab to the hostel and were absolutely BLOWN AWAY by the wonder that is our new room - it's like a flat! There is a kitchen, a bathroom, a sofa and a massive plasma tv on the wall! Not to mention the FREE WIFI - heaven! The other best bit is that it's just JJ and I in here, so we have spent the whole evening sat in our pjs on the sofa, watching tv, surfing the internet, eating crisps, drinking tea, dunking biscuits and being all comfy and girly!

5 comments:

  1. Amazing! What hostel are you in? I'm going to hit google. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's called Globetrotters, just had the best night's sleep in ages - in a double bed! Now lying in said double bed at 7.30am using free wifi. Can it get any better?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just had a google! That's not a hostel, it's a hotel! Glad you're catching some sleep. I remember the sand flies got me good in Magnetic Island. Are you recovering from the bugs feasting on you? xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I still itch like hell, but it isn't as horrific as it was. I did actually look like I had serious measles, but thankfully most of the massive red lumps have gone down. Let's see what happens next - so far on my trip I appear incredibly popular on the bity-thing front!

    ReplyDelete