Saturday 13 March 2010

Hmmmmmmmmmmm (sulky face)


So, welcome to Magnetic Island, where they guarantee 320 days of sunshine every year. Sounds nice enough, however we seem to have arrived on one of the 45 days that it rains. And someone had the gall to suggest we were lucky enough to be here to witness the rain. And consistently excessive gusts of wind. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm not impressed. Not impressed at all.

As a result, our planned trip to the beach got shelved and we've spent the day doing diddly-squat! We got up for breakfast and the went for a read and doze (much needed though, so shouldn't complain!). Since then, we've been making the minutes pass by sitting in the computer room online (I think I have oficially now been online for seven consecutive hours). Now, however we have moved out onto the deck in the bar and are still online, however no longer protected from the elements.

So all in all, there is very little to report from today. This is genuinely the least I have done in one day, to date. We made the most of our special wristbands and managed to quaff a fair few glasses of bubbly earlier, but that is about it! We're certainly feeling most underwhelmed and extremely windswept, which is probably apparent from the picture! It's still like Club 18-30 here, but thankfully as I write they have not been playing drinking games or anything else purile like that. As soon as they do, which I anticipate will be soon, I shall depart. Oh Airlie, how I miss you!

1 comment:

  1. I thought you were shaking your hair!!! I was gonna say how impressed I was that the pint is static and still intact but now I realised it was wind!!!

    Really Jana should try and stop farting so much!!! The perils of travelling with a vegetarian eh? Tee hee!!!

    ReplyDelete