Thursday 25 February 2010

Bye Bye Brissy


Woke up this morning to a text from Daryl with the news and a photo of he and Evie’s very own little joey, Dylan! Made my day and couldn’t sleep after that exciting text - welcome to world Dylan!

Of course the first call of the morning was the obligatory walk to Maccas and a spot of, yes you’ve guessed it, free wifi! I’ve discovered I’m really getting a taste for iced-coffee! Following that I began wandering back to the hostel when out of nowhere the heavens opened and I had to hide under a tree. If I hadn’t then I am certain I would have looked like a drowned rat!

On arrival back at the ranch, I sat with JJ a while and we chatted and internetted some more – it’s amazing how well we work as a time-wasting team! Nikki had gone to the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary with Kerry and we had planned to go to Streets Beach, but the weather wasn’t sunny enough, so instead we just enjoyed chilling out. We had the good intention of booking our next bits of our trip but kept managing to go to the desk when they were not free to see us, so instead we ventured into town.

After some window shopping and general mooching, we met up with Nikki and Kerry who had both really enjoyed it at Lone Pine. Obviously, now as a 4-strong shopping team we were able to continue further window shopping manoeuvres for a while, before walking back to the hostel.

At last we were able to get to the travel desk and spent some time with the lady sorting out what we would be doing over the next couple of weeks. The plan (oh the joy of once again having a plan and thus some form of order to my life!!) is; we are leaving Brissy tomorrow afternoon, getting the Greyhound to Hervey Bay, then JJ and Nikki are going on a 2 day trip to Fraser Island, whilst I hang out in Hervey Bay (I’m looking forward to having ‘flake & chips’ from the chippie!), we’ll then continue (this is where it gets a bit vague again - wimper!) and we will be in Airlie Beach, ready for our tall ship adventure around the Whitsundays the following weekend. I think that is the plan, something like that anyway!

I’ve really enjoyed Brissy, it’s a nice city – quite small but it has everything you need (you know I’m really just talking about the shops!). The best bit for me was the trip to Streets Beach – I wish the new Uxbridge lido next to college was going to be as lovely as that, although I think part of the key to the beauty of the place was the blazing sunshine, which sadly cannot be guaranteed in UB8! Shame!
Anyway, look out Hervey Bay, HERE WE COME!!

PS If anyone can believe this, I have now been away for 8 days and I have not had a SINGLE drop of alcohol, not even one single sip of beer!

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear it's all going well hun! LOVE that photo. What tall ship are you sailing on? xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the piccie! How many people did you kick out of the lift for that then?!!!

    Big congrats to Daryll and Evie as well!!!

    ReplyDelete