Saturday 20 February 2010

B in Brisbane!

I have made it to Brisbane in one piece! Hurrah!

My train trip to Brissy reminded me of flying in the days of yore - sitting in the same seat for 15 hours with no little TV screen in front of you to provide entertainment! But it was ok because two old men in the seats behind me kept coughing and sneezing in my ear, so that was entertaining! I slept for the first part of the journey and then woke up at 1am and just sat there for another few hours listening to music and trying to doze.

The train arrived at 5.30am and when I got off, I was nearly knocked over by Jana running up to me and giving me a big hug! This made me all emotional! We wandered to the hostel (YHA) and ditched my bag before Jana showed me about and we sat down for a monster catch-up/gossip session! We then made a cup of tea and sat on the open roof terrace in the sun/shade, to continue our chatting! There was a lot of catching up to do!

After that we took a shower and generally got ourselves together before heading into town. We've been meandering around town all day and it has been lovely to spend time with Jana, doing what we do best - chatting and window shopping (sooooo many tat-shops to visit!). I also bought a pay-as-you-go mobile for using over here, which was exciting although I doubt I will ever remember the number or recognise the ring tone!

Anyway, this was just a quick update, we're now off to Coles where I will buy some food-related products and then head back to the hostel for a bit!

1 comment:

  1. Oo-er! I know you've been missing Jana but a shower together is a little too familiar isn't it? ha ha! Missing you loads. Loving the blogs chicky chick xxx

    ReplyDelete