Wednesday 7 July 2010

Nattering with Nic

After a restless night’s sleep where I had been having paranoid dreams about being possessed by a demon, I got up, dressed and headed downstairs. Niamph and Matt had already gone to work and so I had a cup of tea with Christie before heading out myself.

I hopped on the tram and went into the city once again. I met up with Nic and we spent the whole day wandering around the shops and chatting merrily, stopping for a cup of coffee here and there (obviously popping to Little Cupcakes – our favourite coffee shop!), as well as a bite to eat for lunch. Despite it still being sale-season, neither of us bought anything, it was more of a window-shopping exercise! We also walked along the river a little way, enjoying the views and sitting down to watch the world go by with a coffee. It may not sound like a very interesting day, but it was lovely and relaxing.

Later in the arvo, I left Nic to go back to where she was staying and hopped on the tram back to Thornbury. When I got back, everyone was home from work so we sat and debriefed about our days over a cup of tea. We were all supposed to be going to a gig, but Ryan called to tell us that it had been cancelled because the singer had a throat virus, that was a bit annoying as we’d all gotten quite excited about going, but hey, these things happened.

So instead, we plumped for an evening in. I did some boring things like washing and then discussed dinner options with the gang. Niamph knocked us up a tasty pasta dish, which we all enjoyed with a few beers, before whiling the rest of the evening away chatting and watching a random documentary about Australian film making, which was surprisingly interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment