Tuesday 13 April 2010

Auckland: there really is nothing to say




When we woke up this morning, we both grabbed our computers and got straight online! Free wifi is just too great! It is also an incredibly good way to pass time in what is a highly uninspiring city. For that reason, this is probably going to be my shortest ever blog. As strange as it may sound, not even I can pad it out and make it sound better.

Anyway, after having been online for around six hours, we felt it was only polite to get up at some point and look at something that wasn’t a concrete wall or a computer screen, so headed off out in the early afternoon for a wander down the K Road, which was underwhelming to say the least! We did have a nice lunch though, then JJ went for a manicure whilst I headed down Queens Road which was marginally more interesting than K Road. I had a mooch in a few of the shops, but nothing was particularly interesting. The only point I got excited was when I spotted a ‘Wendy’s’, which actually turned out to be the highlight of the whole day! When I had reached the bottom of this very long road, I headed back and only then realised how steep it gets towards the top! I saw the Skytower, which is like every other Sky-related tower – tall, pointy and looks like a hypodermic needle, so not very thrilling. Other than that, there really was nothing to see and it was all most dull.

Back at the ranch, I found JJ with beautifully painted nails and we both went back online. I would just like to point out that we do still converse whilst surfing, and I don’t mean we type to one another, we do speak! Then I remembered the bottle of wine that the Stray man had given me when I was in Christchurch and, so I cracked it open and we enjoyed that (well, sort of – I think it might be called Stray Dog’s Piss for a reason!) whilst surfing the night away into the wee hours. Seriously, if it wasn’t for the free wifi and our computers, we would probably have died of boredom already!

No comments:

Post a Comment