Monday 26 April 2010

Aimless in Auckland

After a night with very little sleep – these Scottish boys are noisy as well as stinky – I was very relieved to be moving rooms (due to complications with my booking, I had to have one night in one room and the second in another!), so did so at as early an opportunity as possible. I have to admit, I got my own back on them for the disturbed sleep I had, by making as much Japanese style rustling and zipping of zips as I possibly could in the process! The move was literally to a room two doors away, but I was more than relieved to find out that it was a single room and had a tv – although no window, but a tv nonetheless! Woohoo!

As a result of my room move, I then wasted the rest of the morning watching all sorts of rubbish daytime tv, before suddenly realising it was the afternoon and thinking I should go outside and see some sky!

I wandered into town and meandered around the shops for a bit in Downtown, then popped to the Stray office and sorted out the next bit of my travels – I am having a break from the Stray tour whilst I go on a road trip with Mike when he gets here (if the stupid Icelandic volcano stops messing Europe about that is!). Having done that, I went to Starbucks and had a well earned latte, before heading off back to the K Road and having a mosey along there at the rather eclectic collection of shops and stalls.

Back at the hostel, I got settled into my room with the tv remote and whiled the evening and night away watching all sorts of shows, from Simpsons, to My Name is Earl and then found some movies on another channel and watched those too. I think I must have watched about eight solid hours before deciding I should probably get some sleep! Clearly the novelty of tv does not wear thin easily when you don’t get to see any tv for lengthy periods!

No comments:

Post a Comment